Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Which version of the 360 should I get?

(Sorry, I couldn't find any stickies, if I didn't look hard enough and there is a sticky for this, please inform me so I can lock it)As the topic says, I'm trying to decide between the 3 available models, I'm leaning towards the Premium because while the Elite seems to come with the most power, it's also the most expensive, costing 550 Canadian dollars (according to wiki anyway), and while the Arcade is the cheapest, it seems to be lacking somewhat.Basically, I just want to know if there's any serious differences between the 3 and which would be the better buy.Which version of the 360 should I get?
Grab a Premium, Elites arent much use to you unless you're gonna be downloading a hell of a lot of stuff on Xbox Live with it's 120GB HDD. An as for the Arcade version, they're basically for old-skool players who are definately getting Xbox Live so you can download more Arcade games. Premium comes with your HDD and essentials, your best bet be honest. Which version of the 360 should I get?
ya just grab the pro/premiumarcade is just lol lame with only a memory card, dont think it even comes with an hd cable just regular(red,yellow,white) its just made for people with a lower budget and want an xbox 360elite is for people that have lotsa money maybe most just have falcon chips which use less power so it generates less heat and ya for lots of downloading, 20 gb is enough for me
Premium all the way, also i think the xbox 360 looks better in white.
and the halo green! woo though at times wen i see my friends white one i get jealous lol
I should probably add I don't have an HDD tv, just a huge box using red, white and yellow cables. A friend of mine brought over his 360 (I believe it was the premium, as it came with the Hexim arcade game) and it had a couple of problems, but generally worked fine.
[QUOTE=''meconate'']Grab a Premium, Elites arent much use to you unless you're gonna be downloading a hell of a lot of stuff on Xbox Live with it's 120GB HDD. An as for the Arcade version, they're basically for old-skool players who are definately getting Xbox Live so you can download more Arcade games. Premium comes with your HDD and essentials, your best bet be honest. [/QUOTE]I do plan on downloading lots, but is the Premium still good for that?
Definitely get the Pro/Premium version. Only get the Elite version if you want to download a bunch of extras or arcade games from Live.
[QUOTE=''metallica225'']Definitely get the Pro/Premium version. Only get the Elite version if you want to download a bunch of extras or arcade games from Live.[/QUOTE]How much is ''a lot''? I plan on downloading Xbox originals (ones I had in mind were Psychonauts, Indigo Prophecy, Guilty Gear, Metal Arms and Ninja Gaiden Black) and Xbox Live Arcade games ( Doom, Geometry Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Streets of Rage 2, Penny Arcade Adventures and Rez HD).All in all it accounts to 13 games.
[QUOTE=''Spektre41''](Sorry, I couldn't find any stickies, if I didn't look hard enough and there is a sticky for this, please inform me so I can lock it)As the topic says, I'm trying to decide between the 3 available models, I'm leaning towards the Premium because while the Elite seems to come with the most power, it's also the most expensive, costing 550 Canadian dollars (according to wiki anyway), and while the Arcade is the cheapest, it seems to be lacking somewhat.Basically, I just want to know if there's any serious differences between the 3 and which would be the better buy.[/QUOTE]You noob it costs 449.99 Canadian (Elite). How about looking on Best Buy's website?
get pro
[QUOTE=''Ventric''][QUOTE=''Spektre41''] (Sorry, I couldn't find any stickies, if I didn't look hard enough and there is a sticky for this, please inform me so I can lock it)As the topic says, I'm trying to decide between the 3 available models, I'm leaning towards the Premium because while the Elite seems to come with the most power, it's also the most expensive, costing 550 Canadian dollars (according to wiki anyway), and while the Arcade is the cheapest, it seems to be lacking somewhat.Basically, I just want to know if there's any serious differences between the 3 and which would be the better buy.[/QUOTE]You noob it costs 449.99 Canadian (Elite). How about looking on Best Buy's website?[/QUOTE]As I said, I only checked Wiki. Nevertheless, beyond your ridiculous choice in wording, I appreciate knowing the cost is lower than I thought.
[QUOTE=''Spektre41''] [QUOTE=''metallica225'']Definitely get the Pro/Premium version. Only get the Elite version if you want to download a bunch of extras or arcade games from Live.[/QUOTE]How much is ''a lot''? I plan on downloading Xbox originals (ones I had in mind were Psychonauts, Indigo Prophecy, Guilty Gear, Metal Arms and Ninja Gaiden Black) and Xbox Live Arcade games ( Doom, Geometry Wars, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix, Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Streets of Rage 2, Penny Arcade Adventures and Rez HD).All in all it accounts to 13 games.[/QUOTE]Forgot to add Puzzle Fighter HD, so it's 14 now, sorry.
For all those games you're planning on downloading, the premium's hard drive (which I believe only has 15gb or so available) won't be able to store all of those. So with that in mind you're going to at least need a 120gb hard drive. So for your case, get an Elite. The hard drive should be plenty room for you to buy all of those games.
[QUOTE=''Ghost_702''] For all those games you're planning on downloading, the premium's hard drive (which I believe only has 15gb or so available) won't be able to store all of those. So with that in mind you're going to at least need a 120gb hard drive. So for your case, get an Elite. The hard drive should be plenty room for you to buy all of those games.[/QUOTE]I see. So, beyond improved hard-drive, what benefits does the Elite offer?
higher chance of falcon chip (uses less energy and produces less heat as i said b4), the color black is kinda ugly lol but thats my opinion and a black controller which u can get anywhere else for 40 bucks
I would personally get the Elite, but the Premium is fine as well.
get the pro/premium. its like 12gigs (used frm the system) if u plan on getting a lot of things then get the elite.
I would get a Premium...
I think that Elites are overrated. I have one myself and unless you need the huge HDD space, just go with the premium. And the ''smog black'' color Elite looks pretty terrible to say the least. I prefer the white Xbox 360. Another downside to the Elite is that it can get rather loud. I dont recall my Premium being so loud when I had one. It was pretty quiet. The only reason why I upgraded to an Elite because I plan to purchase a lot of games. On my old premium console, I remember only have 8GB left, which some of it already goes to the system. I think the Xbox 360 uses about 8-10GB so you're left with about half of the true HDD space. Which I think is lame. With only 8GB left, I was getting a bit worried if I run about of space, so I upgraded. And I'm pretty sure the Xbox 360 will be around for another 3 years, possibly 5. I'm hoping I made the right investment seeing as how technology changes frequently and who knows what they'll come up with next. At least, I know I'll be ready. Xbox 360 owners do not have to worry about HDD space as much as PS3 owners. Seeing how I own a PS3 and games like MGS4, DMC4 take up about 5GB to install.

No comments:

Post a Comment