Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Good monitor for playing the 360 on?

Hello all.
This thread is appealing to all of you who play or have played their 360 on a Monitor.
I'm looking for an affordable 1920x1200 monitor to play my 360 on and I was hoping that people could recommend me a good one.Thanks. Good monitor for playing the 360 on?
Can you be more specific on what you're willing to spend? I recently bought a Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP LDC monitor and I wholeheartedly recommend it, but I'm not sure if you're willing to spend $600 on it. Good monitor for playing the 360 on?
Erm, I really wouldn't want it to be more than ?00.?50 or less would be nice.I'm going in with an open mind though, so if you could link me to that monitor I'd sure give it a look.Thanks.
No problem, here are the links:Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP Cnet's review of the monitor
That looks pretty impressive.So, what is the image quality like on it for HD gaming? Is it pretty much faultless?
[QUOTE=''73X''] No problem, here are the links:Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP Cnet's review of the monitor [/QUOTE]I've used those at work and they are very good quality monitors, though they are fairly expensive.
Yeah, I've been playing my 360 on it for about 2 months now and it's great. Crystal clear picture, accurate colors, deep blacks, pretty much everything you'd want from a monitor.
Okay, thanks for the info; I may well consider this Monitor.
Here's one more monitor that you might want to consider:Dell SP2208WFP LCD MonitorCnet's review of the monitor Sure, it's 2 inches smaller and the resolution is only 1680 x 1050, but it's $200+ cheaper, and plus, when it comes to 360 games, the difference between 720p and 1080i(p) isn't a big one, seeing as there are no true 1080 games out there anyway, most developers make their games run natively at 720p.
Okay, thanks. I know there isn't a great deal of difference between resolutions, but it would be nice to know I have a 1080p screen, lol.Also, I know that the aspect ratio on Monitors isn't the same as on televisions.
Does this distort the picture? Is there a way around this?

No comments:

Post a Comment