Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Anyone else think Neversoft is pathetic ...

Cause I do, i mean cmon!! Its called '' GUITAR HERO''.. i have rock band and gutiar hero, i like rock band for group party fun, and Guitar Hero for one player fun, but now they just ruined it... I don't think ill ever buy another Guitar Hero game again, just because how pathetic and un-creative this developer is... :twisted: Harmonix: Wow, we did an awesome job on Rock Band! Good job guys!Neversoft: Holy crapp!! Harmonix just created a game with drums and vocals, LETS COPYYY and use the Guitar Hero name because it OWNSSS!! WE R DA BEST!!Anyone else think Neversoft is pathetic ...
Its called competition and it's actually pretty good for the consumer. They're adding more stuff then Rock Band had, especially with the drums. My only complaint is that with the amount of time and money people spend on these rythm games, you could probably learn to play a real instrument. Get your friends involved and they might start playing as well. Then you can start a real band, maybe even make some cash playing birthday parties or weddings. You never know. :)Anyone else think Neversoft is pathetic ...
I must admit, I thought the same thing when I heard they were going to release World Tour or whatever.
No, I don't think they are pathetic. As much as I am not keen on it, their move only makes sense. It was going to happen after the success of Rock Band, it's understandable.
I don't get how that is pathetic. It's not copying. On that premise, Call Of Duty is pathetic for copying Medal Of Honor., or the other way round, whichever came first.
I don't think Neversoft is pathetic when they started the whole fake guitar playing, but Rock Band took the idea further.
This is what companies do sir. It's not pathetic it's business. Get over it. It's not like one artist is copying another.
Have you seen the previews of the game on IGN? They are doing a little more than just copying it. It is unfortunately though as I don't really wish to see a company that turns out sequel after sequel of repeat win the genre... but it is destined with the brand name recognition they have... Poor harmonix.
I don't think this is pathetic, but unlike most video games, rhythm games can't really improve because the basic premise will always be the same. Instead, they usually just get bigger, which is the case with Rock Band and now World Tour.Isn't there a DJ Hero coming out?
[QUOTE=''EnderSR388''] Its called competition and it's actually pretty good for the consumer. They're adding more stuff then Rock Band had, especially with the drums. My only complaint is that with the amount of time and money people spend on these rythm games, you could probably learn to play a real instrument. Get your friends involved and they might start playing as well. Then you can start a real band, maybe even make some cash playing birthday parties or weddings. You never know. :)[/QUOTE]Thats what I did.After going through 5 GH guitars I decided to get a real guitar that was about a year ago.I bought Rock Band however, and i'm not so much annoyed at Neversoft for releasing drums, as it was bound to happen. It's natural progression of the genre and competitive nature. What I AM pissed about is their lack of thought for the consumer. Lots and lots of people already bought Rock Band, and a lot of those people DO NOT have the money, or space for a second drum kit.It was pretty goddamn insensitive of them to be so selfish peripheral wise. If I could use the RB drums I wouldnt mind half as much, in fact it would redeem them in my eyes. But im pissed that not only is it gonna be incompatible with RB, but that the reverse also applies. And it looks like the better drum kit.Trouble is I already spent the money (begrudgingly, given how badly the EU was screwed on Rock Band) so I dont intend to get the full kit for GHWT unless my RB kit breaks and is out of warranty.On the other hand, it's highly likely I will pick the game up solo if that option is available, and just play it as a guitar hero game, I still have 2 GH guitars for my 360.
[QUOTE=''doomsoth'']I don't think Neversoft is pathetic when they started the whole fake guitar playing, but Rock Band took the idea further. [/QUOTE]Uhhh no.Harmonix (creators of BOTH Guitar Hero AND Rock Band) started it all. Neversoft just got the insta-win with GHIII as their first entry in the franchise when they inherited it.Although if you really want to go further with that tired old argument about who 'really' started it, the idea had been done before like 10 years ago by Konami I think it was. Drum/Guitar Mania etc in arcades and possibly some home consoles.
[QUOTE=''diablobasher'']Thats what I did.After going through 5 GH guitars I decided to get a real guitar that was about a year ago.[/QUOTE] I've been playing guitar for well over 15 years and I actually find the GH games harder then actually playing the song on a real guitar. I mess up when pressing the buttons because I want to play the actual rythm or a real chord. lol
[QUOTE=''EnderSR388''][QUOTE=''diablobasher''] Thats what I did.After going through 5 GH guitars I decided to get a real guitar that was about a year ago.[/QUOTE] I've been playing guitar for well over 15 years and I actually find the GH games harder then actually playing the song on a real guitar. I mess up when pressing the buttons because I want to play the actual rythm or a real chord. lol [/QUOTE]Yeah, this is because of muscle memory/etc lol, you are so used to your fingers performing a certain action to play a certain song that anything else is alien :PI remember a glut of topics about Slash when he said something along the lines of ''Playing GH is harder than real guitar at times'' I remember a lot of stupid people just didnt realise why and were like ''ZOMG I am teh better than Slash!!11''
yes i dobut competion is competition
ya but rock band has a hugely suckish guitar, not even close to realistic drums, and online sucks too imo. truthfully i really think they should have some competition so were not stuck with harmonix cuzz they succcccccckkkkkkkk i think.
competition is good for the consumer. I welcome it.
[QUOTE=''diablobasher''] [QUOTE=''doomsoth'']I don't think Neversoft is pathetic when they started the whole fake guitar playing, but Rock Band took the idea further. [/QUOTE]Uhhh no.Harmonix (creators of BOTH Guitar Hero AND Rock Band) started it all. Neversoft just got the insta-win with GHIII as their first entry in the franchise when they inherited it.Although if you really want to go further with that tired old argument about who 'really' started it, the idea had been done before like 10 years ago by Konami I think it was. Drum/Guitar Mania etc in arcades and possibly some home consoles.[/QUOTE]Uh...yes. Without Neversoft developing the software, Harmonix would have gone no where. And in terms of gaining popularity for a fake music game: GH takes the cake.And it's pretty obvious that Konami didn't get any where with it; otherwise, we would of had games before the PS2 that were great in simulation music games.
[QUOTE=''doomsoth''][QUOTE=''diablobasher''] [QUOTE=''doomsoth'']I don't think Neversoft is pathetic when they started the whole fake guitar playing, but Rock Band took the idea further. [/QUOTE]Uhhh no.Harmonix (creators of BOTH Guitar Hero AND Rock Band) started it all. Neversoft just got the insta-win with GHIII as their first entry in the franchise when they inherited it.Although if you really want to go further with that tired old argument about who 'really' started it, the idea had been done before like 10 years ago by Konami I think it was. Drum/Guitar Mania etc in arcades and possibly some home consoles.[/QUOTE]Uh...yes. Without Neversoft developing the software, Harmonix would have gone no where. And in terms of gaining popularity for a fake music game: GH takes the cake.And it's pretty obvious that Konami didn't get any where with it; otherwise, we would of had games before the PS2 that were great in simulation music games.[/QUOTE]Wtf is wrong with you are you just ignorant, or is it something else?Harmonix is a SOFTWARE DEVELOPER. They created and developed both Guitar Hero, and Guitar Hero 2. (And Rock the 80's) which were published by Red Octane.When Activision obtained the license for the series, they handed development to Neversoft, who made Guitar Hero 3: Legends of Rock.Neversoft had nothing to do with the series until GHIII. At which point they game had already left Harmonix' hands, and had already been a huge success.Also, I guess the huge success of DDR/etc from Konami clearly doesnt count... /sarcasm. They just dropped it because they obviously didnt see a future for that avenue and went with the dance craze instead.God you need gaming history lessons.
[QUOTE=''diablobasher'']God you need gaming history lessons.[/QUOTE]Sorry...I have a life...? I was mostly refering to guitar playing, but whatever. lol There are more important things than knowing the history of fake music playing.
[QUOTE=''doomsoth''][QUOTE=''diablobasher'']God you need gaming history lessons.[/QUOTE]Sorry...I have a life...? I was mostly refering to guitar playing, but whatever. lol There are more important things than knowing the history of fake music playing.[/QUOTE]Oh how awefully convenient. You make a big, false, statement only to suddenly back out because 'it doesn't matter it's only fake tar playinzz LOLOLOL!!!11''Here's some advice, don't make a false statement about video games on a VIDEO GAME forum if you don't want to be called out for being totally wrong.A hobby is a hobby is a hobby, one is no more 'valid' than the other, you play guitar as a main hobby, I play video games, only difference being I don't go onto a music forum talking trash about how Slash was a founding member of Iron Maiden along with Lenny Cravitz, and then go ''LULZ I dunt care, I plays feejyo gaemz!'' when someone calls me out for being wrong.Theres more to having a life than making sweeping statements about how intolerant you are on a forum reserved for video game discussion.

No comments:

Post a Comment