Thursday, April 15, 2010

Nyko Intercooler yes or no

So my xbox360 arrives tomorrow after being repaired from Microsoft repair center. So I'm not sure to use the nyko inter-cooler I bought a long time ago. is not the ''EX'' version. is the one with the plastic cover for the electric port. I don't wanna let my xbox360 get the RROD so I don't know if I should use it or not. Some people says it actually burns your xbox360 because instead of cooling it heats up your xbox360 more. some other people say it sucks power from your xbox360 and kill it. So i'm not sure what I should Do. :/I think. First i need to see if they repaired or sent me a new console if they sent me a new console with the newest chip. and some people say that the newest versions of xbox360 aren't unable to attach the inter-cooler.If they repaired my account I got 2 options. Try it with the inter-cooler and take it off if at some moment I start getting the can't read disc errors or freezing and just play it normal regularly up to 4 hours continuously and take a 2 hour break.Hope you guys can Illustrate me with some ideas.Nyko Intercooler yes or no
Get the EX. Less chance of any damage. I've been using the EX for about a year now and I've had no problems with it whatsoever.Nyko Intercooler yes or no
Make sure you get the new Metal one. If you get the old plastic one, it can melt to your 360 voiding your warranty.
Get the EX, dont screw yourself over, I had it till my system red ringed and had to take it off..suddenly ripped the metal casing off of the EX plug into the system, so I gotta grab a new one.Just a warning, doesn't stop the red ring but definately helps cooling by an AMAZING amount.
I dont trust those devices. I dont think they really help at all.
This is one device that you should never need. Someone at Nyko decided to take advantage of people's paranoia. Same idea behind life insurance. Unless, maybe, you live in a closet. Then I would likely reccomend it. Pretty cramped in there.
Yes they do. I've had the EX since 2006 and I've never had the Red Ring of Death. It doesn't prevent it 100% because overheating isn't the only thing that causes it but it cuts the chance of down a lot. A friend of mine actually talks about it in great detail on his internet radio show, the link is in my sig.
[QUOTE=''Making_Pudding'']This is one device that you should never need. Someone at Nyko decided to take advantage of people's paranoia. Same idea behind life insurance. Unless, maybe, you live in a closet. Then I would likely reccomend it. Pretty cramped in there.[/QUOTE]Bull. When I got my 360 I would play for about an hour and the back of the thing would be too hot to touch. I decided get the nyko and now I can play for about 6 hours before it becomes slightly hot. 6 friends-6 nykos-constant play everyday since 2006, no red rings. Plus the fact that I could easily feel the difference. The first model (with the switch) draws too much power, but the ex keeps it cool as advertised.
[QUOTE=''CharmedGamer''][QUOTE=''Making_Pudding'']This is one device that you should never need. Someone at Nyko decided to take advantage of people's paranoia. Same idea behind life insurance. Unless, maybe, you live in a closet. Then I would likely reccomend it. Pretty cramped in there.[/QUOTE]Bull. When I got my 360 I would play for about an hour and the back of the thing would be too hot to touch. I decided get the nyko and now I can play for about 6 hours before it becomes slightly hot. 6 friends-6 nykos-constant play everyday since 2006, no red rings. Plus the fact that I could easily feel the difference. The first model (with the switch) draws too much power, but the ex keeps it cool as advertised. [/QUOTE]What's bull?You might want to re-read what I wrote. I said that it is one device you SHOULDN'T need. I never said that there aren't people for whom it might be useful. Let me clarify. What I meant was that, this far in the game, we shouldn't need third-party peripherals just to keep our gaming machines working. Did you ever buy one of these ''coolers'' for your PS2? Sure, the PS2 doesn't produce nearly as much heat as these consoles, but the idea is the following: Why couldn't Microsoft have seen overheating as a problem? Why couldn't they change the form factor of the 360 to allow better air flow? Move some components around?The reason I said that Nyko is taking advantage of people's paranoia is because I had my old 360 for 9 months. Ran it on Oblivion and Call of Duty 4, usually for more than 4 hours a day. I never used a cooler. No RRoD. Of course, then I sold it for a PS3. Now I have a new 360.

Now, would the RRoD have happened eventually? Maybe.

If I had bought the cooler, would it have delayed it a bit? Maybe.

Would it still have happened? Maybe.

Maybe. Maybe. It's a gamble, isn't it?
In all seriousness, the intercoolers/pelican coolers do not let your 360 have enough power to do its own climate control therefore during prolonged play when the 360 is using max power, it can cause shorts in the connectors between the 360 and intercooler or worse, shorts inside the climate control part of the 360 motherboard. this can cause the connectors to heat to well beyond what is allowed thereby causeing the connectors or plastic coverings to cause bonding with the metal or plasic of the 360.I think this part is crap but they say that you should not use a powerstrip with your 360, but those crasy MS people will blame anything but the fact that they had a crappy hardware development team.
don't do it...it should be fine without any add ons
The best measure to take is to make sure your 360 is in a place where it gets as much air as possible. Mine is on a large shelf all by itself - with its power unit - which I think should also recieve fresh air - and it hasn't given me any problems since launch. *knock on wood*.
You shouldn't need it but you do. I love my 360 but MS did a crappy job with their internal cooler. It just isn't suffecient.
Well Hmm Im just going to play it without the intercooler and hope it comes with the new Falcon chip. Im just going to play maximun 8 hours streak. and give it atleast a 2 hour break. well here are some pics of my living room what you think I will put in on the top of the black desk. Imma move the speaker and the plate. i think is a ventilated are cause is next to my balcony and I got a Fan over there. Here are the pics:http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/macplayer18/DSC00324.jpghttp://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/macplayer18/DSC00322.jpghttp://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w216/macplayer18/DSC00323.jpg
I got the Intercooler EX. It seems to work pretty well for the most part, except the thing is quite nosiy. Is that a desiel truck running in my living room? No, its the intercooler.
Well I was playing On my xbox360 last night for an hour. And after I finished playing It was Mild Hot. So I wanan try out using my xbox360 with The Nyko Intercooler even tho I won't play for that much maximum 4 hours . I just wanna keep it cool till I play for 2 hours what you think? . It is on a ventilated are But I just wanna keep it cool.
I have the EX but I only used it for about 2 months. It does a fine job of cooling the console down but I don't like how it steals power from the xbox. Also the connector on it that you plug your power cord into is terrible. Sometimes my xbox would not turn on so I had to jiggle the cord until it did. I am thinking about getting one of the new intercoolers with an external power supply. If I were you I would look into one of those.
Like wich Model Or brand?I just played an hour with My Nyko intercooler. i gotta say it feels way more colder than last night without it. I think is gonna be fine :/ also i put the power brick on a ventiladed area. Imma give it an hour break then Il go back on playing.
I had a EX on my first console and had power issues where the EX was dragging power away from my console causing some issues, it also made lots of noise and I still got an RROD. I got a new console and didn't put the EX on it and so far it has been fine. There is no reason for the fan if you keep your console in a cool, dust free area where it has lots of room to breath.
[QUOTE=''Making_Pudding''] This is one device that you should never need. Someone at Nyko decided to take advantage of people's paranoia. Same idea behind life insurance. Unless, maybe, you live in a closet. Then I would likely reccomend it. Pretty cramped in there.[/QUOTE] What are you retarded? How is life insurance a bad idea? Make sure you know what life insurance is before go making claims like that, idiot.

No comments:

Post a Comment